Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Two Weeks til CKU



School is out. Yes, you heard correctly. I am officially done with the school year with students!


Now all of my thoughts can turn to something fun. Something I've been waiting for some time now.




CREATING KEEPSAKES UNIVERSITY!!!!!

I am headed to Houston, TX for five full days of digital scrapbooking with Jessica Sprague. This is the first year CK is offering a digital album track. And of course I had to take it!


I begged and pleaded and begged some more and finally convinced my Peachy friend, Meg, to come with me.


I am so excited about this. These thoughts of an interactive time with my favorite digi goddess instructor is pretty much what got me through the last sixty days of a rough year. The amount of interaction I threw myself into with CKU shows insight into my frame of mind. Actually how much I wanted to escape the humdrum of my daily job.
I'm in charge of collecting the money and passing out namebadge holders. I am in charge of collecting and then redistributing not one, but two Christmas Card swaps. I joined an Anything Goes card swap and an ATC (artist trading cards) swap. So much to do I will have to carry an itinerary!


Right now I am waiting for my tshirts (three of which I designed) from CafePress. I must be weird to be waiting at the door watching for the UPS man. Who knows.


My homework for class is all complete and burned on CD's awaiting the plane ride. I haven't exactly started packing, but I have definitely started thinking about packing. ScrappyNan showed off all of her goodies from CKU-Chicago. I just KNOW I will need a whole other suitcase to bring it all back home with me.


I definitely have to remember to pack the 100 namebadges for the yahoo group (hi you guys!!). Here's a shot of what they look like:
We did a whole vote for the color choices. The design is something I cooked up. It's a little small and not placed where I would put it. But the name badge holders are going to be much cooler than those plastic doohickeys they usually give out.
If I forget these, I will have some very unhappy individuals circling around me!
So, in only two short weeks I will be boarding a Delta airplane next to Meg and flying to Houston to enjoy myself!

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Gary, love reading your blogs, and seeing your excitement about coming to Houston. That is awesome. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, ideas, and encouragement, for everything, especially in the U&R Class. Have a great day and enjoy yourself in my hometown, Houston, TX.....Sherrie