Sunday, March 16, 2008

Green Gables Update

I couldn't spend $14 on a book I wasn't even sure I was going to like. So I ordered it from the public library. It came so quickly...not a good omen. I started reading it with trepidition and by page 2 I was already offended. I don't want to ruin it, but Bertha Shirley should NOT be discussing personal information like that with her neighbor!!!
I've read up to the part where Bertha and Walter die and Anne is taken in by a woman with good intentions. I am going to continue because I haven't decided conclusively how I feel about it yet.
Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear, doesnt sound very good!!

Dewdrop said...

Wow! You're blogging. Welcome back.

Scrappy Running Me said...

hi - thanks for cruising through my blog and leaving a HELLO. i am not planning on going to Houston, but you will have a great time. will you take JS's digi album track?

Heather said...

Hi Gar,

You should have a little section on good reads. Bet you have to keep your kids challenged with new books.

Make sure you keep designing, because dang you're talented. And I don't pass out compliments without meaning them. :)