Monday, June 29, 2009

Toscana con Piacere! Day One

June 8, 2009 8:40 P.M.

I am currentl flying over Price Edward Island and watching "New In Town" as I jet towards Italy.

Could life GET any better?

New in Town is this great movie with Renee Zellwegger. The minute it started with a table of women scrapbooking I knew I was in love. I teared up when Blanche gave Lucy her first album, ya know?

Sorry for the seque, I've been on this flight for three hours, plus the one hour they kept us sitting on the runway. Sitting right next to the only infants on the entire flight. There are still six more hours left. Thankfully they have Bejewled for FREE!

Somewhere ahead this vast ocean lies a city I've only ever heard about. One that holds mysteries and adventures wrapped with an ancient frame. I can't wait to touch walls that hold the stories of emperors and queens, gladiators and farmers. Walls that will still be strong long after I invade.

Rome, the very word thrills me to the very fingertips (thanks Anne Shirley). All of those movies planting visions in my head. I am finally coming to visit. Will I stay? Who knows, but I will finally experience you for myself. ROME.

No comments: