Monday, June 23, 2014

Made it Monday - Goodbye Kitchen

Another moment to share a Monday Made it!

It's coming! It's coming! The day of the kitchen remodel is only TWO WEEKS away! I've been busy boxing up stuff and moving it all to the other side of the house. I never knew I had so much stuff! But in honor of 14 years in the old kitchen I wanted to throw one last goodbye.



I immediately thought of my BBB Jivey as the one person who hasn't had the treat of my mad cooking skills. Her and her fiancé came over last Tuesday to help send off the old kitchen in style. I poured through my Bon Appetit magazine for food ideas and found tons!

I started off the night with a little adult beverage called a Peach Cosmo. It was so summery and delicious, we had to make more!

 
 
Then it was on to the charcuterie and cheese board. There were slices of proscuitto and sweet salami. Along with some brie, blue cheese, and a special 1000 day old gouda I found. Although I misspoke and called it 1000 year old cheese. Which sounds nasty, but Jessica saved my faux pas by saying it must have been made in 1941 then. Hmm. Future Math Coach?
 
Oh, there is also these fun goat cheese, garlic, and chive stuffed tomatoes. Wasn't long before it was all gone!
 
 
Next course was a summer peach and burrata caprese salad. It was drizzled with olive oil and tarragon. Burrata is this super creamy cheese that is firm mozzarella on the outside wrapped around this creamy curd center. I had to go to three different stores to find such a thing. Didn't care about that after one taste!
 
 
For dinner I seared some scallops with some toasted hazelnuts and cherry tomatoes. There are some crushed red and golden beets served in a lemon vinaigrette and a dollop of Greek yogurt. There's fresh dill on top of it all. Yes, yes. Clean plates all around.
 
 


I whipped up a little chocolate covered cheesecake bite as a final flourish. The night ended with smiles all around and talk of the New Kitchen send off!

No comments: