Monday, August 12, 2013

Blog Hoppin' - 10 Things About Me

 
 
I'm just going to dive right into this. It's been a long week and it's only Monday! HA

1. One thing you don't know about me is that I have a bonafide super power. Yep. I have bionic glasses. 
They act as hearing aids for me and have a built in bone conduction receptor that sits right on my skull so I can hear all those lovely students talking when they aren't supposed to. 



2. My glasses are not currently working properly. I have been losing reception on the right and after many times of them 'repairing' them it's still not working. Plus, now the left side pops up with this annoying crackling noise that drowns everything else out. 

3. I scheduled an audiologist appointment to talk about options to fix these dang things. I'm about to go crazy! Keep your fingers crossed that they don't suggest cochlear implants (can you say $25,000?).

4. I am not going to talk about glasses in this one. I like to travel. A lot. I love to jet off to foreign lands and immerse myself in completely different cultures. I've spent a week in a Tuscan castle, climbed Mexican pyramids, and lived in Paris for a month. My next trip is set for Australia in December. Whee!

5. Both of my parents died young. I am almost the same age now that my father died at. It's sort of nervewracking. 





6. I've been teaching at the same school for the past 12 years.  This is my 13th group to come through my little room. I am actually teaching the baby brother of a boy I had in third grade back in 2002. He's now a junior in college. OY.

7. I have eclectic tastes while picking my favorite tv programs. I love watching Little House on the Prairie, Anne of Green Gables, and Downton Abbey. But I also love watching The Walking Dead, Grimm, and Once Upon a Time. Heartwarming and Heart eating. Can't get enough. 
Little House on the Prairiethe-walking-dead 

 8.  I love to cook. I blame the Food Network for this craze, even though they wouldn't let me in for an episode taping when I was last in New York. 

9. I walk to work almost every day. The school is literally right behind my house and I have a gate in my backyard that leads me right to it. It's wonderful. Probably one of the main reasons I've stayed at the same school for 13 years. 

10. My favorite season is Summer, but my favorite holiday is Christmas. I just realized that's probably why I want to go to Australia in December. Best of both worlds!




No comments: